+91 7014447884

©2019 By ThePharmapedia



You do not need recognition in Austria for university degrees that were acquired at a university in the EU, an EEA country, or in Switzerland. Instead, there is a quicker way to get your degree recognized (see Berufsanerkennungsverfahren - recognition guide).


Third countries


Persons with a university degree from third countries need recognition in Austria. They need to apply to a public university, University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule), or University of Teacher Education (Pädagogische Hochschule) for a recognition of their university degree provided there is a comparable degree in Austria. The competent university checks within three months whether and until when any supplementary examinations are required.


First contact point


 at the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy is the first contact point for all questions regarding the recognition of international university diplomas in Austria. This validation is often sufficient to prove and use your qualification ENIC NARIC AUSTRIAThe National Academic Recognition Information Centre on the Austrian labour market. You can submit an application online at Recognition Information Application System (AAIS).


Initial information in several languages is available from the Anlaufstellen für Personen mit im Ausland erworbenen (AST), i.e. the contact points for persons with foreign Qualifikationendiploma’s, and from the Austrian Integration Fund (ÖIF).


Work permit


In addition to getting your foreign university degree recognized you also need to apply for a Beschäftigungsbewilligung (work permit) in Austria.


Regulated and non-regulated professions


In Austria, there is a difference between regulated and non-regulated professions.


Regulated professions are, for example, architects, doctors, nurses, teachers, physiotherapists and some specific trades or businesses:


List of regulated professions in Austria including competent authorities: 121 KB PDF (German)


In addition to recognition of your university degree, the competent interest groups, e.g. the Medical Association, check other relevant skills such as German language skills that are essential for the job. In this last step, it also matters whether you intend to be self-employed or employed.


Further information-